Fire Prevention Rules
- All tenants should familiarize themselves with the location of all fire extinguishers and emergency exits.
- All tenants should:
- Assign an Emergency Team, consisting of a Floor Captain, Monitors and Searchers.
- Assign an area outside far away from the building for all employees to meet in the event of a building evacuation.
- Keep office aisles clear of obstacles. Do NOT store equipment in aisles or block egress to doorways and exits.
- Safeguard all flammable materials.
- Do not plug in an excessive quantity of electrical equipment. Continuous overloading of electrical lines causes insulation to become brittle and fall away from the wires, thereby overheating, which can ignite a fire.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all areas of the building, as this is one of the most effective means of preventing fires.
- Unauthorized and uninspected installation and operation of coffee makers, heating plates, microwave ovens, personal fans, and similar items must be avoided. Electric space heaters are prohibited.
- Obey “No Smoking” signs.
- Do NOT use trash cans or paper disposal areas for cigarette ashes or disposal.
- Do NOT store or stack anything within 12” of the ceiling in ANY room. You may prevent the sprinkler system from working in that area.